The key to Instagram engagement is TIME. Visual storytelling and conversation starting combined with the right mix of when to post and what to post creates Instagram gold.
T – Time
Are you posting at the right time? Are you giving Instagram enough time to make a difference?
I – Intent
Time to stop your random acts of posting on the Gram. Being intentional with your photos, concepts, and descriptions is crucial.
M – Management
Do you have a system down to make Instagram a part of your social media plan? Are you measuring key Instagram factors and making smart decisions based on data?
E – Engage
Responding to comments on your post is important. Are you also commenting and liking other people’s posts?
How to encourage people and increase Instagram engagement
Keep a solid community in your comments and stay active by doing the following:
- Delete spammy comments by swiping and remove them.
- Give shouts out to thought leaders and friends.
- Tag people in photos so they receive a notification.
- Create a path for people to follow with your hashtags.
- Make it easy for people to find you.
- You can’t have success on Instagram with a private account. Make it public to connect with new people.
- Check out industry relevant hashtags to find new people.
- Double tap a post to like it and show your appreciation.
A combination of time, intent, management, and engagement creates the perfect Instagram presence to showcase your brand through storytelling and community building. It’s not enough simply to post great photos – it’s all the moments that occur after you post that build the conversation and relationship.A combination of time, intent, management, and engagement creates the perfect Instagram presence.Click To Tweet
The key to Instagram engagement is TIME – work on these areas and your Instagram engagement will climb.
Consider this shocking stat: 92% of all social engagement is happening on Instagram vs 7% on Facebook and 1% on Twitter based on the L2 Intelligence Report: Social Platforms 2017.Wow! 92% of all social engagement is happening on Instagram. Click To Tweet
Maureen Mullen and Scott Galloway of L2 say, “The most powerful platform the world: Instagram. We see about ninety-two percent of all engagement occurring across all kinds of consumer sectors in the brands that we track so you know ninety-two percent on Instagram across countries. Instagram is the new Facebook.”
I’m super excited to share a new tool to will help with your Instagram engagement. Tailwind has added Instagram to their platform! Tailwind for Instagram is an Instagram scheduling and analytics tool built on the same platform as Tailwind’s popular Pinterest marketing tool. Tailwind is my absolute go-to tool for Pinterest. I can’t wait to see how it supercharges my Instagram.
Tailwind for Instagram leverages the intelligence-powered features that have helped marketers improve ROI with Tailwind for Pinterest, including a smart schedule which analyzes when followers are most active online to generate an ideal posting schedule. This maximizes the engagement Tailwind members get from every post. Tailwind members have historically grown the reach on visual networks over twice as fast as their peers- and the average post published with Tailwind generates 4x as many engagements as the average.
Four times as much engagement with double growth? Yes, please!
Saving Marketers What They Lack Most – Time
Tailwind has been able to demonstrate in this video that scheduling and posting to Instagram is 60% faster with Tailwind than without it. That’s a one minute saving per post. With the average brand posting to Instagram 1 to 2 times a day, that adds up to 6 to 12 hours saved per year. Tailwind’s member base of over 100,000 marketers, could collectively save over 150 years of productivity in 2017 alone.
The video also shows Tailwind’s bulk image upload and browser extension features being used to schedule 10 posts to Instagram in under a minute. These features might be especially appealing to marketers who manage multiple Instagram accounts, who regram user-generated content, or who post content to Instagram from their website.Instagram is the new Facebook.Click To Tweet
Key features of Tailwind’s Instagram tool:
- A Smart Schedule to help you plan the best times to post on Instagram based on your audience. I love this feature for Pinterest – hooray!
- Drag and drop scheduling.
- Automatic sync between desktop and mobile.
- Browser plugin for Chrome, Firefox and Safari that enables images from any page on the Internet to be regrammed (reposted to Instagram) in seconds, including from Instagram.com (and helps users ensure proper attribution for that content).
- In time trials, Tailwind for Instagram was 60% faster than the scheduling process that many marketers use today, involving emailing images to themselves and downloading them on their phone. For the average Instagram marketer this could result in around 6-12 hours of time saved each year.
- Tailwind uses push notifications to alert members when it is time for them to post to Instagram. They need only swipe the screen and their scheduled post will be waiting for them to post with their desired caption copied to their clipboard.
- Note: Tools that post automatically on behalf of Instagram users are currently prohibited by Instagram’s terms of service. I would never use anything that violates any terms of service and you shouldn’t either.
Tailwind is an official partner with Instagram which means they are pre-approved by Instagram.
Why does being an Official (Instagram or Pinterest) Partner matter?
- Instagram and Pinterest both thoroughly vet their Partners’ products, reputation with customers and business practices prior to badging them as Partners.
I’m really looking forward to giving all these new Tailwind features a spin and seeing how it improves my Instagram account. What are you looking forward to testing?
Get the good stuff!
Get tips, tricks, and goodies right in your inbox. By subscribing, you're giving permission for me to email you with new courses, videos, blog articles, and other social media marketing educational content that I create.