You have questions about Google+ Hangouts and Ronnie Bincer and I have some answers.
Watch this recorded Hangout on Air Event to learn the value offered by this wonderful communications tool.
Ronnie Bincer and I talked about what a Hangout is, why they matter to you as well as cover some great ideas on how you can use them to help communicate your message.
Ronnie is the most knowledgeable person on Google+ about Hangouts, in fact, he’s known as “The Hangout Helper.” He studies them, uses them and knows all the tricks and tools to make them work perfectly.
We also talked about the details of what happens before, during and after Google+ Hangouts and what you can do to promote your Hangout prior to the live event, the day of the event and how you can repackage your content to squeeze the last bit of awesomeness out of your Hangout. Sounds informative, right? Bring your notepad and get ready to take your social media skills to a whole new level! Whether you are a writer working on a book launch, a small business looking for leads, or an entrepreneur looking to connect with potential clients, Google+ Hangouts are the place to be.
Check out this really cool teaser video for the hangout, this is a feature called a Scheduled HOA that isn’t available to everyone yet on Google+ but I can’t wait to have it!
Ronnie created a video about Scheduled HOAs. This is my most anticipated new feature since you won’t have to create an Event and a Hangout separately and it will have a countdown timer!
This is the full video and I’ll be updating this article with main highlights soon.
Some of the tips that we covered about Hangouts On Air:
1. Google+ Hangouts on Air have great SEO value because they are recorded and go straight to your YouTube account.
2. Connect with people by showing your personality and let people get to know you through video.
3. Your video continues to work for you long after the event is over.
4. You can repackage the video by turning it into a blog post (like this one) or by chopping it into smaller pieces to create more videos.
5. To create a custom overlay like Ronnie’s in the video, use a 1280 x 720 image with a transparent background and make a cool image on the side with your name and avatar.
6. You can share your video on all the other social platforms so it can connect others to your great Google+ connect. They aren’t just for Google+!
7. They’ve added cool features for enhancing the video right in the Hangout.
Using Google+ Hangouts is like having your very own T.V. channel, use it to credit multiple layers of media for your social presence to enhance your brand, show your skills, or share ideas with others. The world is alive on the internet, Google+ Hangouts are a way for you to build a relevant voice and be a part of the action. What are you waiting for?
Photo credit: Big Stock Photos
Get the good stuff!
Get tips, tricks, and goodies right in your inbox. By subscribing, you're giving permission for me to email you with new courses, videos, blog articles, and other social media marketing educational content that I create.