Do you love Instagram? And YouTube? But never thought about using them together? Instagram is fantastic for brand awareness and bringing people to your YouTube channel. Can you build your YouTube channel with Instagram? Absolutely!
5 reasons why Instagram and YouTube work well together:
- Instagram is a visual social network that compliments YouTube.
- You can create sound bites from your YouTube videos to gather interest for your video.
- Hashtags make it easy to add your content to the Instagram conversation. [learn about hashtags here]
- Instagram Stories are a great way to show behind the scenes of your video.
- Engagement on Instagram is higher than other social channels so it’s a wise place to grow your social platform.
How to love Instagram + YouTube together:
- Create an Instagram post when you have a new video live. It gives you something to do while you wait for the video to upload.
- Add a call to action in your Instagram post to click the link in your bio to see the full video.
- Create an Instagram Story with a link to your YouTube video.
Your story is a way of sharing photos and videos with your followers that disappear after 24 hours. To share a photo or video to your story:
- Tap in the top left of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. You can also:
Tap Boomerang at the bottom of the screen, then tap the circle to take a burst of photos that loops forward and backward.
Swipe left then tap Hands-Free at the bottom of the screen to take a video without having to tap and hold.
Adding links to your story is a feature that’s currently being tested. Right now, only verified accounts are able to add links to their story.
When you add a link to your story, people will see See More at the bottom of the screen, and can tap to view the link inside the app.
Need more Instagram ideas? Instagram is the place on social media to share things you love, what you do, and paint a picture of your life. Use this space to create a window into your world that will help build your likability and show who you are.
Enjoy the full video with more Instagram tips for YouTubers!
More reasons to love Instagram + YouTube
Here’s a few examples of YouTubers with amazing Instagram accounts to help inspire your creativity and see how well they work together.
Marianna is a lifestyler vlogger that creates video for YouTube, content for her blog, and boosts everything with her fantastic Instagram channel.
Marques is an amazing tech vlogger who reviews all the latest phones and gadgets. He posts on Instagram to share his YouTube videos.
Aspyn is a lifestyle vlogger with multiple YouTube channels. She’s created her own online company and works on promoted collaborations with many popular brands.
Instagram success doesn’t have to be overly complicated – remember to have fun and introduce more people to your YouTube account by adding a call to action on your posts and videos. I’d love to hear how you’ve seen success pairing Instagram and YouTube in the comments or if there’s an idea that you’re going to try out. I know that you’ll love Instagram once you get started.