Canva for Work has been updated and is now called CANVA PRO!
You can use the free version and it's great BUT the Canva Pro version has many great benefits and it is very affordable. If you're a blogger, entrepreneur, or small business owner, Canva Pro will save you time and money. Let's look at some of the features and benefits.
Everything You Need To Know About Canva Pro
Here are some of my favorite benefits of a Canva Pro account:
- Brand Kit management
- Magic Resize
- Design and Photo folders
- Download designs with transparent backgrounds
- Canva Animator
- Remove backgrounds from images
- And a massive library of images and videos that are included in the Canva Pro plan!
One of the best new features is working with a team and adding different levels for people: administrators, template designers, and members. This is great for large and small businesses or for working with a designer. This allows people to add templates for you without having to email links back and forth.
I'm a team member on Guy Kawasaki's Canva team, and I can switch from my brand to his brand from the drop-down on my main Canva screen. It's super easy, and you can help make your boss look like a rock star in no time.
Online whiteboard templates
Canva's free online whiteboard templates are perfect for brainstorming with collaborators from anywhere. These templates are easy to use and interactive, making it simple to gather ideas virtually. (included in Canva Pro)
Design Amazing Presentation Slides Easily with Canva’s Free Alternative to PowerPoint
As a speaker, your slides can make or break you. Consider all the presentations you need to sit where the speaker repeatedly uses unreadable or boring slides with the same tired design. We have a term for this: death from Powerpoint. Microsoft's presentation software has long been the standard, but if you want to impress your audience, you need to break the stereotype.
The Canva presenter creator looks good and is easy to use. There is no need to download inflated software since it is completely online. The best of all is that it is completely free. The design is an absolute breeze thanks to its drag-and-drop features and ready-to-use professional-quality templates. Everything you need to become a visual communicator is at your fingertips – an epic library of images, stunning graphics, and a one-click presentation mode.
Another update to Canva Pro is their Content Planner! You can now design your social media posts and schedule them right in Canva – it even includes scheduling Instagram posts!
Whether scheduling posts weeks in advance or at times when engagement is high, Canva’s Content Planner will automatically post to Instagram, Facebook, or any other platform, according to the date and time you’ve set. If you need to make a change to your schedule, no worries. Simply pause the scheduled post and edit the design directly, without needing to download or re-upload the file. There’s no need to stress about version control either as you’re able to make edits on the fly. This frees up your time and keeps you in control.
What can you do in Canva Pro?
Once you have Canva in your workflow, you'll use it for everything!
- Create presentations for workshops
- Record a presentation for a video tutorial
- Create blog post graphics
- Design social media posts using thousands of templates
- Make business cards, postcards, and other collateral for your small business
- Print on demand — amazing quality on print jobs from posters to business cards
- Upload your own photos and save them in folders
- Use hundred of thousands of photos included in the Canva Pro plan
- Upload your custom brand fonts and use them in all your designs
- Make videos and GIFs
- Develop custom reports with graphics and charts
Create Cool Videos!
With Canva, you can make high-quality videos without being a professional video editor. You’ll find it easy (and fun) — to make videos every day. The simple drag-and-drop tool lets you make compelling short videos in minutes using Canva’s library of pre-made templates.
Improve your social media status with engaging but modern video ideas for TikTok. Browse Canva's free templates for designs you can easily customize and share.
Honestly, you can use Canva Pro for almost any work task where you can improve communication by adding visual impact.
Canva Pro includes everything in Canva, plus:
- Unlimited folders for your designs
- Team functionalities
- Unlimited storage for photos and assets
- Upload your own images
- 75+ million premium stock photos, videos, audio, and graphics free-to-use – included in your Canva Pro membership
- Magically resize your designs
- Upload custom fonts for your brand
- Set color palettes for your brand
- Save templates for you and your team
- Organize your photos with folders
- Easily find your designs with search
- Resize designs into custom dimensions
- Download designs with transparent background
- Export designs as animated GIFs
- Priority support
A new update to Canva Pro is the content scheduling for social media. Take your social media game to the next level with Canva's new Content Planner. Plan, design, and schedule eye-catching social media posts in one place, directly from the Canva editor. You can currently schedule to Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and Pinterest.
Huffington Post and Upworthy use Canva. Here's what they had to say:
“Canva Pro has been incredibly useful for Upworthy's editorial team. The template feature allows anyone on our team to easily create graphics that are aligned with our visual brand — no extensive design training required. It's saved us loads of time, and our graphics look great! The Canva team is also a pleasure to work with — always responsive and eager to help out with our questions and requests.” Megan Kelley, Writer, Upworthy
“We needed a tool that hundreds of people with all ranges of experience could use and one that allowed for brand consistency across the company. It's important that each design, looks specific to the brand and not the individual – yet it allows us to fully customize each design. Since designing with Canva, we've been able to provide a richer experience to our readers, and the response internally has been really positive!” Candy Bigwood Mobile Art Director, Huffington Post
Team members can add designs that show up in your Canva team designs, and you can add comments to each other. They are also remixable! This means when I hit the green REMIX button, a new design opens, and I can create something with the text, change the image, or even hit the magic resize button.
My team member, designer Jeff Sieh of His Designs Online, has the option to send me templates or designs using my color palette and logo which are pre-loaded and saved in my brand kit.
You also can share designs in the team stream so team members can share ideas and comment on designs.
The key features include:
- Centralize brand colors, logos, and fonts. Keep your brand guidelines up-to-date and in one place. Enable your entire team to access and use your colors, logos, and fonts in their own designs.
- Save branded templates. Create templates for everything from social media graphics to presentations. This ensures consistency and empowers your social media, marketing, and sales teams to create their own on-brand graphics.
- Logos are a snap to find now that they have a home in your left sidebar. You click the logo icon, and your pre-loaded logos appear. You can then drag and drop it into your design.
- Magically resize designs. Quickly resize a design into all the formats you need. Create a design once, and optimize it for different social media channels, or campaign collateral. Resize is only available for Canva Pro accounts and can only be accessed on desktop browsers.
Once you create a design you like, you hit the magic resign button, and VOILA you have all the sizes you need to promote your blog post using the preset sizes in Canva or your custom dimensions. Can I hear a HOORAY for that feature?
- Organize images and assets into folders. Centralize images and assets for your team. Employees will never get stuck searching for the right logo again.
- Invite your team to collaborate. Canva Pro is perfect for organizations of all sizes, whether it’s one person or a team of hundreds. It provides an internal commenting and collaboration system to improve workflow.
“Canva is extremely popular with individuals who create things like social media graphics, presentations, and business cards. It has saved them time, money, and allowed them to create graphics that look professional without needing to learn the expensive desktop design tools,” said Canva CEO Melanie Perkins.
“Over the past two years, we’ve found that brands often struggle to an even greater extent with the same issues. Canva Pro takes Canva to the next level, by empowering companies to share design templates, fonts, and digital assets, and to collaborate on the design process.”
Canva Pro will also appeal to professional designers and brand managers, who can provide a greater level of control over an organization’s brand, by setting up their brand assets and custom templates in Canva.
“Too often graphic designers are overstretched and pressured with competing priorities from all corners of an organization. Canva Pro enables them to centralize all their assets, collaborate more easily, and oversee a brand’s image by providing remixable templates, images, and design assets that other teams can use to create on-brand graphics.”
Learn more about Canva Pro here. Canva’s free version service will continue to remain available. I feel like Canva Pro is essential for my work in social media and my blog, it's definitely worth the upgrade!
NEW! Canva for Teams
Canva for Teams is the all-in-one design tool that helps teams deliver on-brand visual content. With a simple and intuitive interface, Canva for Teams makes it easy to create high-quality visuals.
I hope you enjoy testing out all these fun new tools and using them as much as I do! What feature are you most excited about?