Social media is full of smart and generous people. I got together with some friends from Google+ and had a fantastic conversation on a Google+ hangout about social media, strategy and how we manage it all. Holly and Megan are both Google+ powerhouses, blogging whizzes and Pinterest fabsters so there’s lots to learn. I wanted to highlight a few of the things from our hangout with links to find what we talked about. I’m sure that you’ll pick up a few ideas since we all had different plans and activities.
1. Use Pinterest to test content and if it does well, post it to Google+ and other social media platforms.
2. Next Scripts WordPress plugin cross posts blog content to multiple platforms.
3. Write first, then go to social media.
4. Use Google Drive to share shared content when you work on a team.
5. Holly shares Google+ content to a secret circle that she is the only member of so she can find it later.
1. Use a timer. It helps keep you and your family on track.
2. Use Pinterest and Google+ together to save time.
3. Use the platforms that you like the best.
4. Crowdsource content from communities on Google+ or Facebook groups.
1. Pinterest is a great place to curate content & keep things organized.
2. Schedule your week in advance with the things that you know will be shared like blog content.
3. Use Triberr to amplify your blog content. Find good tribes and you’ll get great content from them.
4. Use Buffer to schedule your content out evenly and create a balanced flow.
5. Use Do Share for Google+ scheduling.
Check out the video from the Google+ hangout — get ready to take some notes!
I’m very grateful for this learning experience with Holly and Megan. Thanks for the hangout ladies! I hope we’ll do it again to talk more.
Do you have any questions about social media time management? What’s your best tip?
Photo credit: BigStock
Latest posts by Peg (see all)
- How to use LinkedIn SlideShare to Create Eye Candy that Converts - August 24, 2015
- 4 Fantastic Design Ideas For Facebook Pages - August 10, 2015
- Everything You Need To Know About Canva For Work - August 8, 2015