Time to help raise awareness for breast cancer! October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and there are plenty of resources with facts and information.
Alarming breast cancer stats:
1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
One woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every three minutes.
One woman will die from breast cancer every thirteen minutes.
An estimated 40,000 women and 400 men are expected to die from breast cancer in 2012.
The best prevention for breast cancer is early detection and only 51% of women 40 and older reported having a mammogram last year. We need to change this.
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) has a list of collaborating organizations as well as information on finding low cost screening in your area.
How you can help:
- Encourage every women you know to get a mammogram starting at age 40.
- Get a mammogram yourself!
- Help spread the facts about breast cancer so that women will make better choices and take charge of their health.
The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy.
― Kalu Kalu
You can make a difference in the life of a mother, a daughter, a friend and of whole families. Please join me in helping to raise awareness for breast cancer. Thank you!
Lots of breast cancer awareness pins on my Think Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness board on Pinterest.
Featured image “The Whole World Wants You” via Thomas Hawk via Creative Commons.
Latest posts by Peg (see all)
- Instagram 101: 7 Keys Steps to Instagram Success - September 8, 2014
- Easy Ways to Tell Your Story Through Twitter - August 25, 2014
- Smart Methods to Dominate with Social Media Optimization - August 11, 2014