I spent a lot of time reading as well as thinking about books and writing this week in particular. There is an endless supply of books and blogs so many in fact that you can read continually and never catch up. Reading has been my greatest source of entertainment and knowledge.
I remember by mom reading books to me when I was very small and then reading me chapter books when I was older. Once I could read myself, a whole new world opened for me. Wow, I love the library! I loved bedtime stories with my own children and miss that a lot. When they got older, they could be found all huddled together on my bed reading books together. It makes me happy to be at the dinner table discussing books, plots, characters and what people are reading.
I was thrilled to find so many new friends on social media that love to read! This led me to start My Book Club so I could discuss books with my friends online. An amazing benefit of starting this online group was that I have met so many wonderful authors and helped share their books as well as working with Guy Kawasaki, my first guest, on What the Plus! and writing a guest chapter for it. Guy is writing something now that will be out in Fall 2012 so that is something to look forward to!
I never understand people who say they don’t like reading. I always feel they just haven’t found the right book yet.
Here are a few things I wanted to share with you this week:
- Books on Alltop — the motherlode of fantastic blogs about books
- Sadly, Steven Covey passed away. Millions of people were influenced by his bestseller, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. A post with some quotes by Mr. Covey: 12 Most Profound Life Lessons I learned from Stephen Covey
- The next novel I am reading will be The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The book is always better than the movie, right?
- The 20 Most Beautiful Children’s Books of All Time Did your favorite make the list?
- “If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” ― Stephen King
What books have you been reading lately? Are you reading mostly blogs these days? Share some details with me.
Fab Five Friday received a fantabulous shout this week in the 12 Most Fantastic Facets of Great Leaders by Brian Vickery giving me the push to start them up again. Thanks for the kick in the pants, Brian.
Featured image courtesy of ginnerobot via Creative Commons.
Latest posts by Peg (see all)
- Instagram Analytics: What to Measure to Grow Your Instagram - March 24, 2017
- How to Create a Winning Instagram on a Budget - March 7, 2017
- 12 Strategic Ways to Use Pinterest Marketing - February 19, 2017