Something that many bloggers think about is: How can I get my blog read? We would all like an audience and to think that our writing is being read by someone. Anyone?
Here are a few tips for getting your blog noticed, read and shared.
- Share your blog in your email signature. I use WiseStamp to create my custom message.
- Add your blog to Pinterest. I pin using the Pinterest “Pin It” Button.
- Stumble your blog. I wrote a detailed post called Maximizing StumbleUpon for Your Content Sharing Strategy which provides detailed information in StumbleUpon.
- Make sure that you are utilizing the available space on your profiles (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) by adding a link to your blog whenever possible.
- Engage with people who visit your blog. If someone new comments on or shares your blog, continue the conversation with them. Visit their blog, share their content and go beyond one interaction.
- Guest BLOG! Great post by Darren Rowse, @ProBlogger, Why Guest Bloggers are Great for a Blog, goes into great detail but the Reader’s Digest version is that it gets you whole new audience and links back to your blog. Win/win!
- Be a part of the blogging community by reading, sharing and commenting on other’s blog. Again, common sense, but I think this is where some bloggers drop the ball and others really knock it out of the park.
- Make sure that you make it VERY easy for readers to share from your blog. Add a tweet button at the top of your post and sharing buttons on the side or bottom of each post.
Featured image courtesy of Thomas Hawk licensed via Creative Commons.
Article by Peg Fitzpatrick
Latest posts by Peg (see all)
- Instagram Analytics: What to Measure to Grow Your Instagram - March 24, 2017
- How to Create a Winning Instagram on a Budget - March 7, 2017
- 12 Strategic Ways to Use Pinterest Marketing - February 19, 2017