Twitter added a custom timeline to their bag of tricks! This feature allows you to create custom content and embed it on your blog. Using your Favorites or a custom search, you can create a unique story using your Twitter conversations that can boost your brand’s story, amplify a Twitter campaign, or simply extend the life of an online event.
From Twitter, “Embedded timeline widgets give you the ability to embed a collection of Tweets (known as a timeline) on your own website. There are four types of embedded timelines available, all of which look and feel like timelines on twitter.com:”
- User Timeline: Display public Tweets from any user on Twitter.
- Favorites: Show all Tweets a specific user has marked as favorites.
- List: Show Tweets from public lists that you own and/or subscribe to.
- Search: Display customized search results in real time (perfect for live events, conferences, brands, etc.).
When you are in Tweetdeck, you have a new option to add a custom timeline by selecting the new icon on the left sidebar.
You can also easily add tweets from your Favorites to a custom timeline by selecting the details on the tweet and then adding it to custom timeline. You could use this to create a testimonial page for your blog by saving nice tweets that clients sent or comments about your product or services. Using a hashtag is a really important piece to tie together your content and a hashtag search would create a relevant and interesting custom timeline.
You can also access a new panel of widgets at the bottom of your Twitter header on your profile page.
How you use your Favorites section just became more relevant. Applause to Twitter for adding a great new feature. I’m definitely going to be using this. How are you going to use the new custom timeline on Twitter?
Photo credit: Big Stock Photos
Latest posts by Peg (see all)
- 12 Most Innovative Ways to Create Content That Gets Shared - January 16, 2017
- How to Unlock the Key to Instagram Engagement - January 10, 2017
- How to Make Your Pinterest Pins Look Like a Million Bucks - January 4, 2017