I’m starting a new feature on my blog this week: Tool Tip Tuesday. I’ll be picking one social media tool, app, extension or some other fun thing and breaking it down to bring you a social media tool tip that you can put into action. I hope you like this new feature and let me know if there’s something you’d like me to cover!
This week’s tool is Do Share which is a free Chrome Extension that allows you to schedule content on Google+. From the Chrome extension, you hit the Do Share bookmarklet to open Do Share and load your posts. It’s the little gold square with the 2 in it.
Scheduling though Do Share gives you a few more functions than loading the post directly into Google+ such as automatically formatting bold, italics and strike through on your text.
This is what it looks like when you load the post:
And here’s what the scheduling feature looks like:
You can also choose to share it immediately. This is what the final post looks like on Google+:
Once you have loaded the Chrome extension, you also have to option to send posts from Google+ to Do Share for times when you may have just posted something and see something else fantastic. Hit the Do Share gadget under the post and you’re sent to load the post as shown above.
Questions on what your posting? Hit the cog in the upper left corner for a drop down menu:
A run down of all the Do Share features:
– Write and schedule your posts on Google+
– Works for personal Google+ profiles as well as Google+ pages
– Easily share links to Google+ from any tab on Google Chrome
– Create a post, and schedule it for later – Do Share will automatically send it
– Supports sharing to circles, +mentions, notifying circle, link sharing, reshares, and photo uploads
– Supports sharing to Google+ communities
– Supports Hashtag autocomplete
– Allows you to share a comment from the Google+ stream
– Bring out your inner author with a distraction free rich text editor
– Save a draft now, edit it into a post later
– Share a post directly from the stream
– Share a post directly from the notifications panel
– Quickly share to your personal page from your page’s stream and notifications
– Supports Multiple Google login
– Supports automatic numbering of public posts
– Automates creating of polls on Google+
– Works offline
What do you think? Are you going to give Do Share a spin? Have you tried it and have questions? Let me know in the comments.
Article by Peg Fitzpatrick
Latest posts by Peg (see all)
- The Art of Visual Storytelling - October 17, 2016
- Lean In and Push Back: A Love Letter to Girls in Tech - October 2, 2016
- 3 Powerful Strategies for Delivering Your Best Social Media - September 26, 2016