For this week’s Fab Five Friday, I am going to focus on content to help you improve your LinkedIn activity. I included several posts from Viveka von Rosen because she has provided a huge amount of quality content and, to me, holds the thought leadership crown on the subject of LinkedIn. Viveka hosts #LinkedInChat every Tuesday at 8 pm EST.
First, please, I beg of you, stop sending out the default LinkedIn invites. Click on +Connect and personalize your request. “I’d like to add you to my professional network” is uninspired and shows you didn’t put much effort into it. It doesn’t need to be long or complicated but a brief, personal message can go a long way.
Second, it is bad form to auto-post your tweets into LinkedIn. Most blogs have a share button for LinkedIn now which makes it very easy to share. Posting one specifically chosen post for your update on LinkedIn that day is much more beneficial than flooding the LinkedIn stream with all your tweets. If you have a certain post that you want to go from Twitter to your LinkedIn updates, just add a #IN at the end of the tweet.
- Big Spammy Spammers who Spam on LinkedIn by Viveka von Rosen
- 20 Tips to Becoming Successful on LinkedIn by Viveka von Rosen
- 12 Most Important Metrics You Should Monitor on LinkedIn by Viveka von Rosen
- 7 LinkedIn Tips for Small Businesses by Ekaterina Walter
- 3 Reasons to NOT Auto-Post Your Tweets to LinkedIn by Aaron Corson
How’s your LinkedIn profile looking these days? Take a minute to freshen up and make sure you are presenting the best possible professional image.
What are your best LinkedIn tips?
Latest posts by Peg (see all)
- 3 Powerful Strategies for Delivering Your Best Social Media - September 26, 2016
- 5 Solid Marketing Ideas To Help You Get Scrappy Like A Pro - September 6, 2016
- Master New Skills: Social Media Power Tips to Be More Successful - August 22, 2016