Google+ Hangouts on Air and Events are constantly evolving with new features and enhancements. Keeping up-to-date can be a challenge but it’s worth the time and effort to use the tool properly. Hosting a Hangout on Air (HOA) has many different moving parts and one that you don’t want to miss is properly promoting your event without annoying your Google+ followers.
Create a schedule of your tasks for your Google+ Events and be sure to include how you are going to get the word out for each one.
I found a little gem last night playing on a Hangout on Google+. When you add a photo to an Event, it goes onto the Event page but also your personal profile or page with a nice clickable link back to the Event.
That’s a Google+ bulls-eye in my mind!
Here’s what you do and how you use it.
1. Create an image using Recitethis.com. (hat tip to Stephan Hovnanian)
2. Share it on the Event in a comment.
3. This generates a notification to everyone that has RSVP’d to the Event and it looks fantastic in the sidebar notifications.
4. You can pin this image on Pinterest with a link back to the Event and tweet the link with the photo attachment so it’s gets a lot of visibility on Twitter as well.
5. Since this is now on your personal profile on Google+ it’s a great chance to catch people who may not have seen your Event invitation and can hop on the Event page to watch the Event live or watch the recorded HOA.
6. You could also add some text and an arrow at the top of your image for a fantastic call to action for your Hangout on Air. I would do this in PicMonkey.
Also, if you have any questions or want to learn more about Hangouts, follow Ronnie Bincer who I gave a hard time to with this quote but he is my go-to Google+ friend for Google+ Hangouts and Events.
What unique ways have you found to share your Google+ Events? I’d love to hear about it in the comments.
Additional resource: How and Why to Schedule Hangouts on Air using Google+ Events by Ray Hiltz
Article by Peg Fitzpatrick
Latest posts by Peg (see all)
- Instagram Analytics: What to Measure to Grow Your Instagram - March 24, 2017
- How to Create a Winning Instagram on a Budget - March 7, 2017
- 12 Strategic Ways to Use Pinterest Marketing - February 19, 2017